31 x 46 in (79 x 116 cm)
This Parisian cabaret club dates back to the end of the 19th century. In 1943, Django Reinhardt reinvented the cabaret and turned it into into a jazz club. During the german occupation of France, La Roulotte was the only club in Paris with permission to stay open until 4am (an extraordinary privilege during the occupation).
The woman on the steps plays a hand of cards, her sultry eyes suggesting all La Roulotte had to offer. The sign behind her advertises the show and prices of seats in the house.
Ville de Montmartre
42, Rue de Douai
Directeur: Georges Charton